Students are required to apply for an entry visa at the Chinese embassy or consulate in their home countries.

Documents to be presented for visa application:

  1. valid ordinary passport,
  2. admission letter,
  3. Visa Application for Study in China(Form JW201 or Form JW202).

Visa type: Study visa (X visa); X1 Visa (long-term study) or X2 Visa (short-term study).

Note: Be sure to get back the admission letter and Form JW201/ Form JW202 from the embassy or consulate. These are the required documents for applying for a residence permit after arriving in China.