Department of Engineering mechanics, Shijiazhuang Tiedao University
l Ph.D., Engineering mechanics, Harbin Institute of Technology, 1997
l M.S. , Solid mechanics, Harbin Institute of Technology, 1988
l B.S., Engineering mechanics, Liaoning University of Engineering and Technology, 1982
Mechanics of Piezoelectric Materials and magneto-electro-elastic solids with Defects
Wave Propagation in Magnetoelectric Composite Materials
Green’s Functions and Applications
Working and visiting experience
Professor Dept Eng Mech, Shijiazhuang Tiedao University (1999.12-now)
Visiting Professor Dept Mech Eng, The University of Hong Kong (2005.6-2005.9)
Research Associate Dept Mech Eng, The University of Hong Kong (2003.7-2003.11)
Research Associate Dept Mech Eng, The University of Hong Kong (2002.4-2003.10)
Visiting Professor (The Croucher Foundation Visitorship for PRC Scholars 2000-2001) Dept Mech Eng, The University of Hong Kong (2001.3-2001.08)
Dr. Jinxi Liu is now a professor at the Department of Engineering Mechanics, Shijiazhuang Railway Institute, and a supervisor for Ph. D. candidate of Beijing Jiaotong University. His research interests are the mechanics problems of piezoelectric and magneto-electric materials and structures. He has published more than 90 journal papers.
Professional Honors and Awards
Second Class National Natural Science Award in 2010.
First Class Natural Science Award from Ministry of Education of China in 2008
Selected Recent Publications
1. He HJ, Liu JX, Yang JS, 2012. Effects of Mismatched Electrodes on an AT-cut Quartz Resonator IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control 59， 281-286.
2. Fang XQ, Liu JX, 2011. Dynamic stress and electric displacement around a nano-fiber in piezoelectric nanocomposites under electro-elastic waves. Philosophical Magazine Letters 91, 621-631.
3. He HJ, Liu JX, Yang JS, 2011. Thickness-shear and Thickness-twist Vibrations of an AT-cut Quartz Mesa Resonator IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control. 58(10), 2050-2055.
4. He HJ, Liu JX, Yang JS, 2011. Analysis of a monolithic crystal plate acoustic wave filter. Ultrasonics 51(8), 991-996.
5. Kong YP, Liu JX, He HJ, Yang JS, 2011. Effects of Mass Layer Dimension on a Finite Quartz Crystal Microbalance. Acta Mechanica 222(1-2), 103-113.
6. Kong YP, Liu JX, 2011. Vibration confinement of thickness-shear and thickness-twist modes in a functionally graded piezoelectric plate. Acta Mechanica Solida Sinica 24(2), 299-307.
7. Pang Y, Liu JX, 2011. Reflection and transmission of plane waves at an imperfectly bonded interface between piezoelectric and piezomagnetic media. European Journal of Mechanics - A/Solids 30 (5), 731-740.
8. Fang XQ, Liu JX, Zhang LL, Kong YP, 2011. Dynamic stress from a subsurface cylindrical inclusion in a functionally graded material layer under anti-plane shear waves. Materials and Structures 44, 67–75.
9. Xue Y, Liu JX, 2010. Decay Rate of Saint-Venant end effects for plane deformations of piezoelectric-piezomagnetic sandwich structures. Acta Mechanica Solida Sinica 23(5), 407-419.
10. Fang XQ, Liu JX, Chen MZ, Fu LY, 2010. Dynamic stress around two cylindrical inclusions in functionally graded materials under non-homogeneous shear waves. Computer Modeling in Engineering & Science 66(2), 2010, 101-116
11. Fang XQ, Liu JX, Yang SP, Zhang LL, 2010. Effect of surface/interface on the dynamic stress of two interacting cylindrical nano-inhomogeneities under compressional waves. Thin Solid Films. 518(23), 6938-6944.
12. Liu JX, Wei WY, Fang DN, 2010. Propagation behaviors of shear horizontal waves in piezoelectric-piezomagnetic periodically layered structures. Acta Mechanica Solida Sinica 23(1), 77-84.
13. Liu JX, Wang YH, Wang BL, 2010. Propagation of shear horizontal surface waves in a layered piezoelectric half-space with an imperfect interface. IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control. 57(8), 1875-1879.
14. Fang XQ, Liu JX, Wang DB，Zhang LL, 2010. Scattering of electro-elastic waves from two holes buried in a functionally graded piezoelectric material layer. Philosophical Magazine Letters 90(5), 361–380
15. Fang XQ, Liu JX, Wang DB，Zhang LL, 2010. Dynamic stress from a subsurface cavity in a semi-infinite functionally graded piezoelectric/piezomagnetic material. Applied Mathematical Modelling 34(10), 2789-2805.
16. International 43(2), 163-170.
17. Fang XQ, Liu JX, Nie GQ Hu C, 2010. Propagation of flexural waves and localized vibrations in the strip plate with a layer using Hamilton system. European Journal of Mechanics - A/Solids 29(2), 152-157.
18. Liu JX, Zhao XF, Soh AK and Wang BL, 2009. Thickness-edge modes in a semi-infinite magneto-electro-elastic plate. Philosophical Magazine Letters 89(3), 155-161.
19. Wei WY, Liu JX, Fang DN, 2009. Existence of shear horizontal (SH) surface waves in a magneto-electro-elastic material. Chinese Physics Letters 26(10), 104305.
20. Fang XQ, Liu JX, Wang XH, Zhang T, Zhang S, 2009. Dynamic stress from a cylindrical inclusion buried in a functionally graded piezoelectric material layer under electro-elastic waves. Composite Science and Technology 69, 1115-1123.
21. Fang XQ, Wang DB, Liu JX, 2009. Multiple scattering of elastic waves in metal-matrix composite materials with high volume concentration of particles. European Journal of Mechanics - A/Solids, 28(2), 377-386.
22. Nie GQ, An ZJ, Liu JX, 2009. SH guided waves in layered piezoelectric/piezomagnetic plates. Progress in Natural Science. 19, 811-816.
23. Liu JX, Fang DN, Wei, WY and Zhao XF, 2008. Love waves in layered piezoelectric/piezomagnetic structures. Journal of Sound and Vibrations. 315, 146–156.
24. Pang Y, Liu JX, Wang YS, Zhao XF, 2008. Propagation of Rayleigh-Type surface waves in a transversely isotropic piezoelectric layer on a piezomagnetic half-Space. Journal of Applied Physics. 103, 074901-8
25. Pang Y, Liu JX, Wang YS, Fang DN, 2008. Wave propagation in piezoelectric/piezomagnetic layered periodic composites. Acta Mechanica Solida Sinica 21, 483-490.
26. Liu JX, Fang DN and Liu XL, 2007. A shear horizontal surface wave in magnetoelectric materials. IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control. 54(7), 1287-1289.